About Santa Barbara Consultants — an independent project management and sustainability-consulting firm serving the mining industry
Steve Botts, President of Santa Barbara Consultants, has 40 years of mining experience. Steve has lived and worked in Latin America for over 20 years.
From May 2018 through February 2019 Steve was the Vice President and Managing Director of Tahoe Peru; responsible for the management of the La Arena and Shahuindo Gold mines located in Northern Peru. From March 2013 through August 2017, Steve was the General Manager of Marcobre S.A.C., a Peruvian Mining Company that is developing the Mina Justa Project, near Marcona on the Peruvian coast south of Lima.
Prior to joining Marcobre, Steve was President & CEO of Minera Panamá S.A. (May 2012 to September 2013).
Other previous experience includes:
- Vice President of Sustainability for AngloGold Ashanti Americas
- General Manager for Rio Tinto’s La Granja Copper Project, Perú
- Vice President of Environment Health and Safety for Compañía Minera Antamina, Perú
Steve has a Master’s Degree in Environmental Policy and Management program from the University of Denver, and a B.S. Degree in General Studies from the University of Nevada, Reno.
- Base Metals and Gold Mining
- Mineral Exploration
- Mine Environmental Management
- Mine Operations Management
- Mining Project Due Diligence
- Project Development and Management
- Safety Management
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Sustainable Development.
On the ground experience in North America, Central America and South America including Argentina, Brazil, Bolivia, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guatemala, Mexico, Panama, Peru, and the United States.
Why The Name Santa Barbara Consultants?
*The British Tunnelling Society